Rules and Regulations
Pegasus World Cup Betting Championship
January 25 & 26, 2019
$12,000 (Live Bankroll). NO ENTRY FEE. Entry includes VIP tickets in Sport of Kings Theatre for both days of play for player and a guest. Lunch will be provided. Players can bring up to 3 additional guests at a cost of $250 per guest on Saturday and $50 per guest on Friday.
Players will use their entire $12,000 bankroll to make his/her bets. There is a limit of 2 entries per person. At the conclusion of the contest, any dollar amount remaining on the wagering card remains the property of the player.
2. To Enter
Qualify online at Xpressbet.com, Horsetourneys.com, tournaments.drf.com or enter at Pegasusworldcup.com. An early registration prize of $7,500 will be available to players who register on or before December 31, 2018.
Qualify online at Xpressbet.com, Horsetourneys.com, tournaments.drf.com or enter at gulfstreampark.com. All entrants must be of 18 years of age or older at the commencement of the tournament on January 25, 2019. Onsite players who enter or qualify by December 15 will be entered into a drawing to win a ticket to the 48th Annual Eclipse Awards at Gulfstream Park. Five names will be drawn at random. A limited number of hotel rooms will be reserved at a special rate. Contact Jessica Miller at 954-457-6214 or Jessica.Miller@gulfstreampark.com for details.
- Eligible races include all Gulfstream Park live races on Friday, January 25 and Saturday, January 26, 2019 (Pegasus World Cup Day).
- Permitted wagers: Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta and Daily Double only.
- FRIDAY: Players must bet a minimum total of $4,000 on at least 5 races ($800 per race minimum). If they do not fulfill this requirement, they will be effectively eliminated from the contest as of the start of Saturday’s races.
- SATURDAY: Players must bet a minimum of $1,000 on at least 4 races other than the Pegasus World Cup and Pegasus World Cup Turf.
- MANDATORY RACES: Players must bet a minimum of $4,000 combined total on the Pegasus World Cup and Pegasus World Cup Turf in order to be eligible for prizes.
- Daily Double wagers will count toward the wagering total in the race the bet is placed. For example, a Daily Double wager on the 4th Race (linking to Race 5) will count as a wager on Race 4.
- Players must wager a minimum of their entire $12,000 bankroll during the contest in order to be eligible for prizes.
- There are no maximums – players may wager as much as they want, including winnings from their bankroll, whenever they wish.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation of a race card, Tournament Officials reserve the right to substitute races from another racetrack.
- It is the players’ responsibility to meet the wagering requirements listed above. If a player fails to reach the wagering minimums or places a wager on their card other than Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta or Daily Double on an eligible contest race, that entry can be disqualified from the contest. Tournament officials will make all decisions on disqualification from the contest in the event of a rule violation and all decisions are final. The remaining bankroll on the player’s wagering card remains the property of the player.
- Players who don’t meet minimum wagering requirements ($12,000) for the contest will be charged a hospitality fee of $500 to cover event tickets and food & beverage charges.
4. Prize Pool Funding
- 100% of the prize pool will be funded by The Stronach Group, Xpressbet and Gulfstream Park.
- See prize pool scenarios on the following page. Total prizes are guaranteed to be a minimum of $435,500 even if there are less than 200 entries in the contest.
5. Prize Pool
- The players with the top 10 bankrolls after the last race at Gulfstream Park on Saturday, January 26 will be declared the winners. Prizes will be paid out to the top 10 players plus the top two finishers after Day 1 of tournament.
- See scenarios below for cash prizes based on entries. All prizes are funded by The Stronach Group and there is no entry fee (other than live bankroll) for this contest. Exact prize amounts will be distributed proportionately based on the chart below when final entry count is determined.
- BCBC full entry to the top finisher
- NHC qualifying spot to top 5 finishers. Please note that no NHC tour points will be awarded for this contest. Winners can choose a seat in either the 2019 or 2020 National Horseplayers Championship.
- $1,000,000 BONUS for PWC contest winner going on to win the 2019 NHC or BCBC. The winner can choose $1 million annuity or $600,000 lump sum payment.
- $75,000 On-track bonus will be paid out to the top three finishers playing at Gulfstream Park ($50,000 for the top finisher at Gulfstream, $15,000 for 2nd, $10,000 for 3rd). Please note – Players must play through Gulfstream On-track tote to be eligible for the bonuses. Players playing through Xpressbet even if they are physically located at Gulfstream are not eligible for the On-track bonus.
- $25,000 cash prizes ($15,000 for leader; $10,000 for 2nd) to the top two finishers after Day 1 of tournament (Friday, January 25, 2019).
- $7,500 Early Registration Bonus will be paid to the top 2 finishers in the contest who registered on or before December 31, 2018. $5,000 will be paid to the top finisher and $2,500 to the 2nd highest finisher to qualify for the early registration bonus.
|# of Entries||200||250||300||350||400||450|
|Early Registration Bonus||$7,500||$7,500||$7,500||$7,500||$7,500||$7,500|
|$25,000 Day 1 Prizes||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000|
|$75,000 On-Track Bonuses||$75,000||$75,000||$75,000||$75,000||$75,000||$75,000|
|5 NHC SEATS||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000||$25,000|
|1 BCBC ENTRY||$10,500||$10,500||$10,500||$10,500||$10,500||$10,500|
|TOTAL PRIZE POOL||$435,500||$494,000||$567,125||$630,500||$703,625||$776,750|
6. PLAYER CARDS
Each participant will be issued a player card to be used for all contest wagers. This card contains the ‘real money’ bankroll of $12,000. If a player loses his/her card or the card is not working, the player should immediately contact a contest official to receive a new card. Gulfstream Park, Xpressbet, Santa Anita, Laurel and Golden Gate are not responsible for any races missed due to a malfunctioning or lost card. Players are encouraged to wager early so they are not shut out due to mutuel lines or malfunctioning contest cards.
7. PLACING WAGERS
All wagers (contest and non-contest) must be placed through self-service machines located throughout the property. Contest wagers will not be accepted through mutuel tellers.
Players must place all contest wagers personally. No person shall directly or indirectly act as an intermediary, transmitter, or agent in placing wagers for the player, unless authorized by Tournament officials. All official track rulings will apply to wagers placed in the Tournament except as otherwise stipulated. The tournament will be based on the official placement and mutuel prices at Gulfstream Park.
8. ADVANCE WAGERING
Advance wagering will not be permitted unless prior approval has been obtained by a Tournament Official. Wagers for each race must be placed after the prior race has been declared official. This rule is designed to maintain an accurate leaderboard.
If a player needs to advance wager for any reason, a player must contact a Tournament Official. The Tournament Official will decide if an advance wager will affect the integrity of the leaderboard. All decisions are final and penalties for violating this rule will be at the sole discretion of Tournament Officials.
9. CASHING OUT THE CARD BALANCE
Players will not be able to cash out their wagering card until after the final live contest race on Saturday, January 26, 2019, becomes official. Should the player cash out his/her card before the last live contest race is official, that player’s entry can be disqualified from any prizes.
10. IRS WITHOLDING
Per the tax rules by U.S. Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service.
If a horse is scratched after a wager is placed, it is the player’s responsibility to change his/her selection prior to the race in order to meet contest parameters. If a late scratch occurs or a horse is declared a ‘non-starter’ and post time prevents the selection of an alternate horse or bet cancellation, the contestant will not be disqualified for failure to bet the minimum amount and any live tickets bet will be in play.
In a result of a tie between any of the top finishing positions, the player with the highest dollar amount of total wagers will be declared the winner for NHC and BCBC positions. If both players finished with the same final bankroll and wagered the same amounts, the player with the largest single race profit will be awarded the qualifying spot. In the event both players finished with the same bankroll, wagered the same amount, and tied with the largest single race profit, the qualifying spots will be decided by whoever registered for the contest first. Cash prizes will be split evenly for players finishing in a tie with the same bankroll amounts.
13. CONTEST PARAMETERS
Current standings will be posted after every race or as soon as the information is available. Standings will be posted on a dedicated in-house TV monitor.
14. NHC TOUR MEMBERSHIP
NHC Tour membership is required for all participants prior to the start of the contest in order to win an NHC spot. Tournament participants may register for the NHC Tour at www.ntra.com/content/nhctour. The Tour fee is $50. Non-Tour members are ineligible for NHC Tour spots. NHC Tour members must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the NHC Finals in Las Vegas.
The following are ineligible to participate in this contest: Employees of Gulfstream Park, contest officials and employees of AmTote.
If a player has an ownership or other interest in any horses running in any of the contest races or holds a pari-mutuel license in any jurisdiction, then all involvements and licenses must be fully disclosed to Gulfstream Park Tournament officials prior to the start of the Tournament. Failure to disclose any ownership interest or license can result in disqualification. Trainers, owners, or any player with another interest can bet that race, but must bet their horse to WIN in a WPS pool wager or “ON TOP ONLY” when wagering in the exacta or trifecta.
Liabilities for any and all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of prize winners.
Affidavits confirming compliance of all the rules of this contest will be required of all participants. All prize winners acknowledge that if they enter this contest under a fraudulent name and/or Social Security number, they will be immediately disqualified from this and all future contests held by The Stronach Group. Positive identification is required of contestants and prize winners. Positive identification is a Driver’s License with a picture and same address and birth date used on the entry forms, and/or other forms of identification as deemed adequate by contest officials. Social Security information is also the responsibility of the player and must be provided before the players are given their bankroll cards. Contestants also consent to the use of their names, pictures and video images to be used by The Stronach Group.
18. JUDGING AND DISPUTES
The management of Gulfstream Park reserves the right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to this event, without claim for damages or recourse of any kind. The management of Gulfstream Park, with those decisions to be final, will decide all questions and definitions not covered explicitly in these rules.
Anyone found to have engaged in or attempted to engage in any act that Tournament officials believe in their sole and absolute discretion compromises or could compromise the competitive integrity of this contest will be subject to sanctions imposed by Gulfstream Park management. The nature and extent of the sanctions imposed shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Gulfstream Park management and may include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
- Forfeiture of prize money
- Disqualification from the contest
- Loss of privilege to participate in future Gulfstream Park or Stronach Group handicapping contests
SPECIAL RULE REGARDING COLLUSION
Collusion among players could be grounds for disqualification, specifically, combining of entries. An example would be:
Player A and B have 2 entries each, all have $12,000. They play a race together with the intent to get one entry to an extremely high number. At race conclusion, one entry stands at $40,000 and the other three are at zero. Actions similar to this among any amount of players 2 or more, will result in disqualification of all players involved. Players with 2 entries are allowed to play those entries in any fashion they choose within the rules, and collusion rules do not apply to one person.
The Best Live Money Contest happens
January 25 & 26
No Entry Fee & a